Area Attractions

Historical Markers & Places

Historic Churches with Markers

  • Episcopal Church
  • First Baptist Church
  • First Christian Church
  • Springfield Baptist Church

El Camino Real de los Tejas National Historic Trail

  • Candelaria Mission
  • San Ildefonso Mission
  • San Xavier Mission

Murals & Memorials

  • Bill Pickett Storyboard
  • Bridge Park - Historic Sheckels and Galbreath bridges and old Burlington Calaboose  
  • City Hall Mural
  • A Bit of Rockdale History Mural - located on the side of the building at 114 East Cameron Avenue
  • History of Milam County Mural - located inside the Citizens bank downtown
  • Historic Industry in Rockdale Mural - located inside the Post Office
  • Warehouse Fire Memorial - located on the grounds of the Patterson Library
  • Volunteer Fireman’s Memorial

DOWNLOAD BROCHURES

Buildings & Facilities

Historic Cemeteries

  • Old City Cemetery - established in the 1870s, it includes the graves of 12 Civil War Confederate Soldiers, as well as many prominent early Rockdale residents.
  • Jewish Cemetery - established approximately 1879, land at this site was purchased by the Hebrew Benevolent Association to be used as a dedicated Jewish Burial Ground. Among those interred here are a Confederate veteran and a victim of the disastrous fire in 1888 at Rockdale’s Mundine Hotel.
  • Black Old City Cemetery - Also known as the Fulcher cemetery due to the prominence of the Fulcher name, this cemetery is located between the main Old City Cemetery and the Jewish Old City Cemetery. The cemetery is unfenced and there are very few marked graves

Visit the State of Texas travel website for information on visiting Texas.