The Patrol Division consists of eight sworn officers who work twelve hour shifts; three days on two days off, then two on three off type rotation with every other weekend off. The patrol officers respond to calls for assistance, routinely patrol the community, assist in traffic control, provide security for special events, and assist in the investigation of criminal cases. The qualifications to become a police officer include:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited police academy in Texas;
- Must have a high school diploma or GED;
- Must possess a minimum of basic level TCLEOSE certification;
- Must have a valid Texas driver's license;
- Must pass a security background check;
- Must not have had any felony convictions;
- Must have a good driving record;
- Must have high standards;
- Must be able to understand and interpret technical reports or legal documents;
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions; and
- Must be able to work in a variety of physically demanding situations.
Download a copy of the complete police officer job description.