Boards, Committees & Commissions
The following boards, committees and commissions are appointed by the City Council:
- Airport Board - Makes recommendations for policies and future improvements to the airport
- Building Standards Commission (PDF) - Hears cases involving buildings that may be substandard and may order the repair, securing or demolition of substandard buildings
- Cemetery Committee - Makes recommendations on cemetery improvements and operations
- Electrical Board - Hears appeals of determinations made by the electrical inspector
- Fair Park Committee - Recommends improvements for Fair Park
- Library Board - Makes recommendations on needs and services at Lucy Hill Patterson Memorial Library
- Municipal Development District - Administers the half-cent sales tax for economic development in accordance with Chapter 377 of the Texas Local Government Code
- Park Board - Advises the City Council on needed improvements to city parks
- Planning and Zoning Commission - Makes recommendations concerning zoning issues and the future development of the city
- Rockdale Housing Authority - Administers housing for low-income residents
To view a list of current boards, committees and commission members, click here.
For more information, see advisory board agendas and minutes. Agendas for advisory boards are posted at least 72 hours prior to the meetings.